Saturday, November 22, 2008

Confusion...

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said these few things:

"People wish to be settled: only as far as they are unsettled is there any hope for them." 

"Everything in the universe goes by indirection. There are no straight lines." 

Sometimes I think to myself that I cause my own confusion for life... The answer is my Heavenly Father, right? But sometimes he doesn't give you the answer.... sometimes he wants you to figure it out on your own... sometimes he trusts you enough... but what... what if you don't trust yourself 

The sunrise comes out of the east 
And I am standing still 
My heart thumps louder than those in Edgar's thoughts (The Tell-Tale Heart) 
and my eyelids are feeling heavy 

My thoughts tire me out
but I still hear that voice calling out to me 
My confusion rises with the moon 
And the day has gone by 

I wish I understood the darkness 
and I wish I understood the unknown 
But I guess I need to let myself be lead,
and just go not knowing beforehand the things which I should do (1 Nephi 4:6)

I need to trust myself and know that he'll be by my side 
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work" ( Aristotle) 
Remember to enjoy the the journey and trust in Christ, ( President Monson) 
The perfection will come...

I really need to rely on the Lord more... I don't enough... I say that I have faith and trust him but still worry.. but honestly I'm more worried about making the right choices in my life.... I guess he will never let me go the wrong way so I should just decide and go with it! 

Oh life... *sigh* 




No comments: